DNF, currently undertaking CMM-GESI project in financial and technical assistant of USAID and TAF is looking for quailed Nepalese citizens for the post of GIC Officers in five project districts Kathmandu, Kaski, Kailai, Nuwakot and Achham). For details, please go through the vacancy attached.
Short Term Consultancy
Dalit NGO Federation (DNF), founded in 1998, a recognized and credible umbrella organization of 344 Dalit NGOs, has been seeking some qualified staff for its central office, Kathmandu for its few projects. Currently, DNF is located at Chakupat-22, Lalitpur.Therefore, DNF is looking for experienced and highly qualified Nepali candidates to apply for the following positions:
1.GESI Information and Communication Centers (GICCs) -1 (Kaski district)- The GIC Officers will be responsible for directly responsible to the District project office, Collect, disseminate information to the community and stakeholders about different CM-GESI, publications and documents and other required documents; collect and share information through workshops, trainings, orientations during P2P monthly meetings; Responsible for disseminating information related to GESI to the community people and Identify and document the cases of caste-based discrimination (CBD) and gender-based violence in the district.
Skills required: Facilitation and communication skills, knowledge in GESI issues, training delivery and group management skills and reporting and documentation skills etc.
Required Qualification: Bachelor degree in social science or any relevant field with at least 2 years of experience or intermediate with 3 years of experience in similar working areas. Previous experience of working in the field of GESI will be highly appreciated.
2. Program Officer (3 months) – 1 (Kathmandu): DNF is running campaign against Caste based discrimination and untouchability in ten districts. This is a part time and short term position. Program Officer who will be responsible for overall leadership, coordination and management of the project. The position will be based on Kathmandu and closely work with the districts and concerned stakeholders and requires occasional field visits to support local community groups for effective planning and implementation of the project activities.
Required qualification: Bachelor Degree in social science or any relevant field with at least 2 years of experience or intermediate with 3 years of experience or any relevant field with at least 2 years of experience in similar working areas.
Skills required: Communication, documentation, coordinator, social mobilization planning, monitoring and Reporting. Having advocacy knowledge and skills would be extra advantage.
3. Finance cum Admin Assistants-2 (Kathmandu): The main purpose of these positions are to provide and prepare account keeping, financial report, admin, finance; logistic and secretarial support for the different project running at DNF central office. This is also short term position. She/He will responsible to manage documentation of financial expenses of the project activities and keep safety the bill and voucher, update financial the information and submit DNF central officer
Required qualification: +2 education, preferably commerce with at least 2 years of experience of program and finance management skill in NGO background.
Skills required: Voucher preparation, accounting software keeping and financial reporting skills etc
Interested and competent applicants who meet the criteria are requested to apply outlining why you think you are qualified for the position along with your updated CV by the 17th September2017.Applications can be submitted by email(firstname.lastname@example.org)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the selection processVacancy Announcement
- DNF as network organization has presence at 69 districts of Nepal through its member organizations. It has well established offices at central, five development regions, and 10 districts of Nepal. Currently, 344 Dalit NGOs from Hill, Mountain and Terai are affiliated with DNF.
- DNF has significantly contributed to establish Rights against untouchability caste based and discrimination as fundamental rights of Dalits for the first time in the Interim Constitution of Nepal.
- DNF along with its national level member organizations were able to introduce separate Dalit chapter in Tenth National Plan of Nepal government (widely known as Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper) for the first time in the country. Thereafter, the government has continuously prioritized Dalit chapter in its following national periodic plans.