A discrimination free society in which people including Dalits can live with respect and dignity.
To eradicate caste-based discrimination through a process of empowerment, networking and alliance building of Dalit and pro-Dalit institutions
- To unite Dalit NGOs and strengthen their capacity, and help them deliver quality services for the Dalit community;
- To build national and international networks and alliances to foster solidarity for promoting Nepalese Dalits' rights;
- To act as a forum of Dalit Civil Society to create pressure against caste-based discrimination;
- To increase awareness and activism for the protection and advancement of Dalits' human rights; and
- To act for the sustainability of DNF and its member organizations
- DNF as network organization has presence at 69 districts of Nepal through its member organizations. It has well established offices at central, five development regions, and 10 districts of Nepal. Currently, 344 Dalit NGOs from Hill, Mountain and Terai are affiliated with DNF.
- DNF has significantly contributed to establish Rights against untouchability caste based and discrimination as fundamental rights of Dalits for the first time in the Interim Constitution of Nepal.
- DNF along with its national level member organizations were able to introduce separate Dalit chapter in Tenth National Plan of Nepal government (widely known as Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper) for the first time in the country. Thereafter, the government has continuously prioritized Dalit chapter in its following national periodic plans.